Ordering & Shipping Information
Werner Distribution Centers
Please view our Werner Locations Map page for this information.
By Submitting An Online Fax or Phone Order You Have Agreed To All Terms and Conditions Listed.
If this Order has not shipped and you decide to cancel a full refund will be gladly given less any expenses. However any Order Cancelled or Refused after it has been shipped All Restock & Freight Charges will be deducted from any credit issued.
CAUTION TO THE CONSIGNEE (RECEIVER) OF GOODS ORDERED!
In the rare case of a damaged shipment, it is imperative that you note any irregularities on the Bill of Lading. Carton (box) holes, Dents, tears, etc. should be noted on the form the driver gives you to sign when you are accepting delivery. If you sign for a package and DO NOT note any irregularities there is little BIRD LADDER & EQUIPMENT or the Manufacture can do. If you open the package and there is hidden damage you have 15 days to contact the delivering Freight Line. Please also retain the original containers and packing for the inspectors.
- If severe damage is present please refuse shipment and call BIRD LADDER & EQUIPMENT CO..
- If for any reason you are not satisfied with your purchase Please Call First!
- Please do not cancel your order with your credit card company, this will only delay any refund or credit due!
- Contact a Customer Service Representative @ 1-800-776-3595 or e-mail
PLEASE READ BEFORE ENTERING ORDER
- Your Credit Card will be charged in full at the time the order is processed.
- Most orders shipped from stock same day (Milwaukee, WI.). Please allow 3-7 days for delivery. No shipments made on weekends.
- Any Orders Cancelled prior to shipping will be credited back in full, no questions asked.
- Any Orders Cancelled after the merchandise has shipped will be subject to a 25% restock charge and the customer is responsible for returning all merchandise to the appropriate warehouse. All packaging must be in original and sellable condition any alterations to original packaging may result in additional charges above the 25% restocking charge. (Example: Items returned in a box other than the original packaging, it makes it impossible to sell as new merchandise)
- Any Order that has VISIBLE DAMAGE must be refused. Please notify the sales department of this refusal and we will reship your order in a timely manner. If an item has "Hidden Damage" please call or email our sales department and we will handle the problem here.
- Many items have "FREE FREIGHT" status however this DOES NOT INCLUDE Residential, Tailgate, Re-Delivery or any other additional service that a commercial freight carrier may offer. Any additional services offered by a commercial freight carrier as listed above are the sole responsibility of the customer receiving the shipment. These services can be arraigned in advance however the cost associated with them are collected C.O.D. by the delivering freight line. "FREE FREIGHT" as indicated on the BIRD LADDER & EQUIPMENT CO. INC. site is considered "Curb Side Delivery Only" to one location. It is therefore understood that the customer receiving shipment must have the means of removing the merchandise off the back of a commercial freight truck. There is always an option that the customer may retrieve shipment from a local freight terminal at no additional charge. The location of this terminal may vary. If you have any questions please call our customer service representatives at 800-776-3595.
- "FREE FREIGHT" Does not include ANY Next Day or Second Day AIR Shipments. These shipments are available for items weighting less than 60 lbs at an additional cost.
- All "FREE FREIGHT" is limited to the Continental US only. Any shipments to Alaska, Hawaii or any foreign locations will not receive "FREE FREIGHT". We will however, deliver to any freight forwarder or shipping point within the continental US at no additional cost if the items are indicated as "FREE FREIGHT" Status.
Commercial Truck Freight Lines offer what is termed "Curbed Side Delivery" which means it is the responsibility for the customer who is receiving the shipment to have the means to unload what ever is being delivered. An example of this would be a forklift or loading dock for items that can not be lifted off by hand. FREE FREIGHT is where BIRD LADDER & EQUIPMENT CO. pays all inland freight charges however we do not pay for any Residential, Tail-Gate, Change of Address or any additional charges that might be accrued by services other than the basic freight delivery.
BIRD LADDER & EQUIPMENT CO. can request that the delivering freight line call customer prior to delivery to make additional arraignments. Please note it is not the responsibility of BIRD LADDER & EQUIPMENT CO. to contact customers with delivery information; we do this as a courtesy. Any customers wanting the delivering PRO number from the freight line should email (email@example.com) BIRD LADDER & EQUIPMENT CO. and one will be provided. Any costs for these additional services (Tailgate, Residential, etc) are the customer's responsibility.
The three options available for truck deliveries are the following:
- Business Deliveries - No additional charges will be incurred as long as there is a forklift or dock where the merchandise can be offloaded from the tractor trailer. If you require "Tailgate Service" you could be charged for that service BIRD LADDER & EQUIPMENT CO. INC. is not responsible for that charge. Tailgate Charges may vary our experience is that "Tailgate Charges Deliveries" to a business average about $30.00 - $50.00 however it could be higher
- Residential Deliveries - Commercial Freight Lines will charge an additional fee over the basic commercial freight charge for Residential Deliveries with or without tailgate service. This fee is an additional charge imposed by the freight line, and BIRD LADDER & EQUIPMENT CO. INC. is not responsible for these charges. You can arrange this additional service with the freight line and pay them direct or BIRD LADDER & EQUIPMENT CO. INC. can add these charges to your credit card/pay-pal account. Residential/Tailgate Charges may vary but our experience is that "Tailgate Charge Deliveries" to a residential address usually runs about $85.00 on average.
- Terminal Pick Up - We have found that this is a good alternative if you choose not to have your shipment sent to a residential address or the business location. This allows some leeway to you as far as your time since many terminals have extended hours and some are even open on the weekend. BIRD LADDER & EQUIPMENT CO. INC. can provide you with a local terminal phone number and you can arrange to have your order ready at their dock.
BIRD LADDER & EQUIPMENT CO. INC recommends you consider one of the above mentioned deliveries means prior to placing an order; this reduces confusion and frustration when trying to receive your order.